Sunday, July 29, 2007

Before I Die

The other day on Ellen, they reran an episode which was recorded in Central Park in front of 10,000 people. Ellen said that doing an episode in Central Park for 10,000 had been on her list of things she wanted to do before she died and she congratulated herself on accomplishing her goal. This of course, made me wonder what things I have on my to do list.

I was raised to believe strongly in goal setting. I love setting goals. I've set so many goals in my life, its crazy. And I've even accomplished some of them. But the goals that I was taught to set are boring compared to Ellen's goal. I try to be a kinder, more responsible, more attractive person. I make goals to keep my room clean, or to be on time to work. Important things, but not very exciting. I don't know if I've ever set a fun goal. So I decided to try it. Here's my list of life experiences I want to have before I die:

  • Spend at least one continuous month outside of the United States
  • See Paris
  • Spend some time in Venice
  • Win a race
  • Have a baby
  • Publish something


That's all I have for now, but I'm sure Ellen didn't start out with the Central Park thing on her list. Hopefully in five years I'll be able to add some more amazing things to mine.

No comments: