Monday, January 7, 2008

New Post for the New Year

Happy New Year! New Years is one of my very favorite holidays. I love a fresh new year, it makes me feel like all the terrible mistakes I made last year are but a distant memory. I'm a huge goal-setter, so the opportunity to make a new list of things I won't accomplish, is always exciting. I've been writing my goals and recording my progress on them each New Year, for maybe 6 or 7 years, and the fun thing about the lists is how similar they are each year. I still want to lose weight, be a better student, a better friend, and a better person. But somehow, New Years inspires sincere faith that this is the year I will finally accomplish those things. I imagine that by the years end I will be 25lbs lighter, a recipient of some prestigious scholarship, everyone's favorite friend, and I'll have escaped translation, only for the benefit of my fellowman. Please wish me luck.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Tina, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your New Year's resolutions. Although I have always been of the mindset that resolutions are best made on a continual basis, throughout the whole year, New Year's is definitely a great time to bring those goals to the forefront and really recognize them for what they are, namely, the things we dislike most about ourselves and wish to change as soon as possible. I generally don't set New Year's resolutions myself, because, well...my friends say I am practically perfect in every way. But at any rate, if nothing else, this time of year serves as a good sounding board for whether one is the person one wants to be or not.