Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Farthest Distance I've Ever Known

Like any functional person, I try to avoid seeing myself as a multiple-personality case. But sometimes this is hard. You see I have feelings about people and things that are completely inconsistent with my thoughts about those same people and things. So what happens is I end up fighting with myself and never coming to any conclusion about what I really want. Sometimes something feels wrong, but I think its right, and sometimes its that something feels really right, but my brain is sure its wrong. This type of self-conflict characterizes my feelings about the church, and about a certain well-known relationship. In general I'm a pretty logical person, so I think I've mostly chosen to listen to my head in the past. This post is an announcement that I am departing from that strategy. I'm going to really try to ignore some of my thoughts and just do what I feel right about. Please note that I'm not doing what feels good, or what seems fun, I'm doing what genuinely feels right. So if you disagree with my actions in regards to the relationship (as I assume anyone who knows the story would), please remember that this same course of action is the reason I go to church. And for now, I'm really happy with both decisions.

3 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

Hey Tina. I'm glad that you have found a way to make yourself happy. I hope that everything works out the way you want it to.
Melissa Lasley

Cheryl said...

Hey! Can I get your address so I can send you a Christmas card? I'm glad to hear that you are happy again. Good luck with it all!

Anonymous said...

Good post.